Popcorn Ceiling Removal Services
Get the expert advice and quality service you need for your next painting project with the professional team at The Painting Company San Diego.
The Painting Company San Diego has the equipment, expertise, and know-how to complete popcorn ceiling removal projects of any size. Our crew of popcorn ceiling removal experts are committed to getting the job done right, on time and on budget, so you can enjoy sleek, modern ceilings without any of fuss or delay.
Some of the reasons to choose us as your popcorn ceiling removal service provider:
- Fair, accurate estimates and pricing on all our projects.
- Courteous and conscious workers that clean up their mess.
- Exceptional warranties come with all our work.
- We hire trustworthy employees that pass background screenings.
Why Remove Popcorn Ceiling?
Popcorn ceiling removal is an expense that some homeowners avoid as long as possible. Of course, like many other home improvement projects, the long-term benefits of popcorn ceiling removal far outweigh the short-term costs of hiring a popcorn ceiling removal company in San Diego.
For starters, removing popcorn ceilings will give your home a sleeker and more modern look that may actually increase the value of your home. Textured ceilings are also prone to fading, yellowing, and cracking, which can have the opposite effect on the aesthetics and value of your home. Most importantly, depending on the age of your home, popcorn ceilings may contain asbestos or lead, both of which can be harmful to your health.
The Popcorn Ceiling Removal Process
Popcorn ceiling removal is a labor-intensive, multi-step process that is best handled by professionals. Although many DIY-type homeowners choose to start the process on their own, the majority end up calling a popcorn ceiling removal company like The Painting Company of San Diego after they realize the steps involved with removing and replacing textured ceilings.
In general, here is our approach to popcorn ceiling removal:
- We seal the area using tape, plastic and drop cloths to protect your furnishings and contain any ceiling residue, material, and dust that falls during the removal stage
- We carefully scrape and scrub the popcorn substance off of the ceilings, taking care not to damage the drywall or substrate underneath
- We repair, retexture, and/or repaint the freshly exposed ceiling
- We clean the entire area, oftentimes leaving your home cleaner than when we arrived
Contact The Painting Company San Diego to discuss your project and let us help you turn your colorful dreams into a vivid reality!
How Much Does House Painting Cost in San Diego?
So, How Much Does Popcorn Ceiling Removal Cost?
Popcorn ceiling removal prices depend on several different factors. No two popcorn ceiling removal projects in San Diego cost the same, because no two homes are the same. The best way to answer this question is to explain some of the factors that impact the cost to remove a popcorn ceiling:
- Square Footage – One of the most important considerations is the actual square footage of popcorn ceiling that needs to be removed. Obviously, the cost to remove popcorn ceiling from a large living room or in multiple rooms will be higher than a single room or smaller home.
- Prep and Setup – Prep and setup are usually included in the fees, but there may be exceptions for anything “above and beyond” standard popcorn ceiling removal. For example, if the textured ceilings contain asbestos or lead paint, the process may become more complicated, more expensive, or require additional professional services.
- Finishing – The cost may also be higher or lower depending on how you want your ceiling to look after the popcorn texture is removed. For example, if you choose to leave your ceilings bare and exposed, the project will cost less than if you decide to repaint your ceilings. There are other finishing options to consider that may impact the overall cost of popcorn ceiling removal.
Request a Free Estimate on Popcorn Ceiling Removal
If you would like to receive a free estimate on popcorn ceiling removal for your home or business, contact the professionals at The Painting Company of San Diego. We’ve been in the business of creating beautiful interiors in San Diego County since 2017. Contact us online for a quote on a popcorn ceiling removal project today!